Jipyong's Construction & Real Estate Group, consisting of Advisory Group (Corporation, Finance) and Litigation Group, provides comprehensive and systematic advice considering the complex nature of construction and real estate businesses.
To provide comprehensive legal services tailored to the needs of our clients, Jipyong has strived to expand our understanding of the construction and real estate industries by recruiting attorneys who have handled legal issues in the renowned construction companies. Our attorneys are working with clients and project participants throughout the large-scale development project cycle, from acquiring the project sites, financing, consulting and representing various disputes arising in the course of completing the project.
In particular, Jipyong is firmly establishing our position as the most preferred law firm by clients in handling disputes that require in-depth understandings of the private laws and public laws including the Act on the Improvement of Urban Areas and Residential Environments, Urban Development Act, Civil Act, Administrative Act and Constitutional law.
Jipyong is committed to maintaining our top-level services and expertise by securing attorneys and experts in construction and real estate industries.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Real estate funds, domestic and foreign REITs, and real estate trusts
- Construction, acquisition, and project financing, including real estate development, real estate acquisition, project financing, PF ABS, PF ABCP, and PFV
- International contracts and lawsuits related to project financing for overseas real estate (China, Vietnam, Philippines) development projects
- Private investments in social infrastructure development projects
- Lawsuits related to international contract laws, public works and bidding
- Lawsuits related to the construction cost of development projects, defects, liquidated damages, warranties, infringement of environmental rights
- Lawsuits related to fair trade such as collusion among construction companies and unfair trade with subcontractors
- Disposition of properties and related lawsuits
- Labor, industrial safety and industrial accidents
- Construction administration regulations and urban planning
- Redevelopment and reconstruction projects
- Urban development
- Construction companies’ M&A, and bankruptcy proceedings
- Performed litigation claiming construction costs (including claiming for design changes, contract amount adjustments, overhead costs etc.) and liquidated damages, etc.
- Won the litigation seeking confirmation of invalidity of attachment established by the project manager with respect to a part of the apartment site which remained under the ownership of the previous project manager, in which Jipyong represented the reconstruction association establishment promotion committee
- Won the litigation for deregistration of title transfer brought by a local housing cooperative against the real estate in trust, in which Jipyong represented the construction company
- Represented in a litigation related to a private-public joint placement PF (claim for contributors’ responsibility, and compensation for suspension of project)
- Represented the private developers under Urban Development Act in a lawsuit claiming the return of contributions required to build common area within the project site
- Represented a builder in an arbitration for a claim for damages related to LNG tank gas leak and engineering works
- Performed a number of administrative cases for the reconstruction project association, including action to nullify approval of the association and cancel the management disposal plan
- Represented regional housing associations in a lawsuit related to the membership contract and nullity of resolution of general meeting
- Performed a number of lawsuits claiming construction costs (including claim for overhead costs, etc.), and liquidated damages
- Represented builders and occupants on environmental disputes regarding sunshine, view, noise, vibrations and dust
- Performed a lawsuit claiming cancelation of designation as a priority negotiation partner
- Performed a lawsuit confirming successful bidder status in public bidding, including a lawsuit for cancellation of bidding due to a bid price exceeding price proposed in the detailed design
- Performed a number of international litigations and arbitrations, including an international dispute related to overseas construction projects of Korean construction companies
- Performed financial restructuring such as PF business and private investment business
- Performed lawsuits to take over enforcement rights in PF projects
- Performed litigation claiming cancellation of imposition of shares for development projects including litigation claiming cancellation of imposition of share for school site
- Performed lawsuits claiming financial support for private investment projects
- Performed lawsuits related to replotting plan and implementation plan for urban development projects
- Represented in disputes over management rights of large-scale complex buildings