Jipyong's Construction & Real Estate Team is comprised of attorneys across the Advisory and Litigation Groups to provide comprehensive and coordinated advisory services and support for dispute resolution considering the nature of the construction and real estate business having relations to a wide array of practice areas.
Jipyong's Construction & Real Estate Team represents major construction and engineering companies, contractors and urban development project associations in litigation related to various construction and development projects. We also provide legal advice related to dispute resolution to the construction and engineering companies, contractors and associations.
Additionally we provide litigation support and advisory services related to the construction and development projects to various financial institutions that provide financing for construction and real estate projects.
Jipyong's Construction & Real Estate Team has extensive experience of successfully representing in litigation related to constructionin all areas, including outstanding payments, contract performance, public contracts, contract bidding, redevelopment, reconstruction, infringement of environment rights and unfair trade practices.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Representation in ligitaion related to Korean and international real estate funds, real estate investment trusts and real estate trusts
- Representation in ligitaion related to project financing and acquisition financing, including real estate development, real estate acquisition, real estate project financing, real estate project financing asset-backed securities, real estate project financing asset-backed commercial papers and real estate project financing vehicles
- Representation in ligitaion related to project financing and advisory services on various international contracts related to international real estate development projects in China, Vietnam and Phillipines
- Representation in ligitaion related to private investment to social infrastructure
- Representation in ligitaion related to government contract laws, public procurement and contract bidding
- Representation in ligitaion related to payments for construction projects, repairing defects, liquidated damages, warranty and infringement of environmental rights
- Representation in ligitaion related to fair trade such as collusion among construction companies and unfair trade practices with subcontractors
- Representation in ligitaion related to disposition of real estate properties
- Representation in ligitaion related to labor, industrial safety and industrial accidents
- Representation in ligitaion related to construction-related administrative laws and regulations and urban planning
- Representation in ligitaion related to redevelopment and reconstruction projects
- Representation in ligitaion related to urban development
- Representation in ligitaion related to mergers and acquisitions or bankruptcy and restucturing of construction and engineering companies
- Performed litigation claiming construction costs (including claiming for design changes, contract amount adjustments, overhead costs etc.) and liquidated damages, etc.
- Won the litigation seeking confirmation of invalidity of attachment established by the project manager with respect to a part of the apartment site which remained under the ownership of the previous project manager, in which Jipyong represented the reconstruction association establishment promotion committee
- Won the litigation for deregistration of title transfer brought by a local housing cooperative against the real estate in trust, in which Jipyong represented the construction company
- Represented in a litigation related to a private-public joint placement PF (claim for contributors’ responsibility, and compensation for suspension of project)
- Represented the private developers under Urban Development Act in a lawsuit claiming the return of contributions required to build common area within the project site
- Represented a builder in an arbitration for a claim for damages related to LNG tank gas leak and engineering works
- Performed a number of administrative cases for the reconstruction project association, including action to nullify approval of the association and cancel the management disposal plan
- Represented regional housing associations in a lawsuit related to the membership contract and nullity of resolution of general meeting
- Performed a number of lawsuits claiming construction costs (including claim for overhead costs, etc.), and liquidated damages
- Represented builders and occupants on environmental disputes regarding sunshine, view, noise, vibrations and dust
- Performed a lawsuit claiming cancelation of designation as a priority negotiation partner
- Performed a lawsuit confirming successful bidder status in public bidding, including a lawsuit for cancellation of bidding due to a bid price exceeding price proposed in the detailed design
- Performed a number of international litigations and arbitrations, including an international dispute related to overseas construction projects of Korean construction companies
- Performed financial restructuring such as PF business and private investment business
- Performed lawsuits to take over enforcement rights in PF projects
- Performed litigation claiming cancellation of imposition of shares for development projects including litigation claiming cancellation of imposition of share for school site
- Performed lawsuits claiming financial support for private investment projects
- Performed lawsuits related to replotting plan and implementation plan for urban development projects
- Represented in disputes over management rights of large-scale complex buildings