Jipyong's Government Contracts Group is comprised of the attorneys with extensive experience and network in the area of government contracts, as well as the advisors with experience from the National Assembly and the Executive branch. We have been providing specialized advisory services to meet the clients’ demands in the areas related to infrastructure development, including the construction of roads, harbors, and bridges, as well as energy, such as power plant construction and renewable energy development projects.
In addition to providing legal advice related to the public sector, we continuously strive to offer our clients comprehensive and practical advice and solutions over a broad range of issues arising from the planning stage to the completion on various policy development or other types of projects for government entities, such as the national government, local governments and public institutions, based on our extensive knowledge and experience accumulated from specializing in the specific industries and practice areas.
By engaging with Jipyong’s Global Business Center, our attorneys who are regional experts and our international offices, the Government Contracts Group offers advice tailored to the clients in the areas of natural resources, energy and infrastructure. We serve in the role of an advisor and a partner for the companies in their business expansion overseas, including investment in mines, acquisition of energy-related businesses and forest development.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Advised on the orders imposing sanctions or penalties under the Act on Contracts to Which the State is a Party
- Advised on the laws and regulations relating to the national and local government contract, government construction projects and government bids
- Advised on the disputes related to the contracts to which the national government, local governments, or public institutions is a party
- Advised on the legal issues that public institutions may face in the course of doing business
- Advised on the private investment in infrastructure
- Advised on the defense contracts with the Defense Acquisition Program Administration
- Advised on the legal issues that may arise between defense contractors and subcontractors
- Advised on the legal issues related to exports of defense contractors and offsets
- Advised on the criminal penalties against the persons in the defense industry and other related persons
- Represented Daewoo E&C, Hyundai E&C, Hyundai Development Company, KC E&C, Gongwoo E&C, Korea Electric Power Industrial Development Company, and Moorim S&T in a number of lawsuits seeking nullity of unlawful enterprise sanction
- Represented and advised public organizations such as the Korea Veterans Association, Korea Hydro&Nuclear Power, Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology, and Korea International Cooperation Agency related to cancellation of unlawful enterprise sanction
- Represented leading architect and engineering offices such as Samwoo Architects and Engineers, Jeonglim Architects and Engineers, Tomoon Architects and Engineers, Mooyoung Architects and Engineers in lawsuits seeking cancellation of disposition of restricting participation in bidding
- Represented in a lawsuit seeking cancellation of unlawful enterprise sanction related to privately-invested expressway development projects, including Busan-Geoje Fixed Link
- Advised defense companies such as Hanwha Thales and Samduk Commercial on unlawful enterprise sanctions
- Represented and advised on various disputes related to bidding (provisional injunction and lawsuits on the merits such as confirmation of invalidation, confirmation of successful bidder status, etc.)
- Development project for Cheongna Area, Incheon; the new town development project in Dongtan, Hwaseong; and project financing for the site behind the piers in Pyeongtaek Port
- Advised on various real estate development projects, including: Parc 1; Wonju Enterprise City Development Project; Midan City Development Project; Pyeongtaek Poseung Industrial Complex; Upsquare New Construction Project in Samsan, Ulsan; etc.
- Advised a number of local governments on numerous photovoltaic power generation projects and alternative energy development projects
- Advised on many privately-invested expressway development projects, including: Busan-Geoje Fixed Link; New Airport Highway; Daegu-Busan Expressway
- Advised on privately-invested infrastructure projects, including: Busan Yeongdo Bridge; Incheon Bridge; Incheon Airport Causeway No. 2; Machang Bridge; Jungbu Integrated Logistics Terminal; Kunjang Port; Incheon Buk Port; Busan-Gimhae LRT; and subway line no. 9 in Seoul, as well as the development of areas surrounding Incheon Airport (Yongyu-Muui Island)
- Advised on various Build-Transfer-Lease projects related to tunnels, wide-area resource collection facilities, dormitories, schools, sewer system, terminal-point sewage disposal plants, etc.
- Advised on the toll-road projects, including Baegyang Tunnel and Gudeok Tunnel in Busan and advised a lender on the private investment project for Busan Harbor Bridge
- Advised on the project financing for Incheon Songdo New Town Development and on the establishment of SPC
- Advised on many multipurpose building development projects, including the Trapalace Namsan
- Advised on the resort and mass-retail facility development projects for Woori Bank and other clients, including: Jeju Wooridul Wellness Resort (2nd Phase), Jeongseon Resort, etc.
- Advised on the general issues related to urban development projects, such as the land return plan for Gimpo Urban Development Project, etc.
- Represented Universal Studio Korea Resort Development Corporation regarding operations in Korea
- Advised POSCO E&C on its various projects, including: Berjaya Jeju Resort, Incheon Asiad Main Stadium, Ansan Project and Youngjong-Ganghwa Connecting Road, etc.
- Advised Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd. on its various projects, including: a golf course in Hongcheon, a power plant in Hwaseong, Ilsan Bridge, an environment management center in Paju, Pyeongtaek Gas, Busan New Port, Boryeong Thermal Power Plant, the sewage system in Jecheon, the tidal power generation plant, Wolsung Nuclear Power Plant, the sewage system in Gimhae, Gimhae Lespo, the Lake Sihwa Reclamation Project, etc.
[Administrative litigation and advice on government contracts]
[Government contracts in construction and real estate sectors and legal advice]