Mr. Young Soo Kim has successfully handled complex lawsuits and arbitration cases as a partner in the Litigation Group at Jipyong. He has extensive experience in consultation, litigation, arbitration and mediation and has shown impressive performances especially in the areas of construction/real estate, public contracts, insurance and defense industry.
After being admitted to the bar in 2004, Mr. Kim practiced law at Gong-Gam, the public interest lawyers group under the Beautiful Foundation, as an associate attorney for 6 years.
- 1996Graduate School of Law, Kookmin University
- 1994Seoul National University (LL.B.)
- 2010-PresentPartner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2020-PresentMember, Contract Review Committee of the Agency for Defense Development
- 2016-PresentAuditor, Duroo
- 2009-PresentAuditor, Haenaem Welfare Association
- 2009-PresentExpert Advisor, Committee for Social Welfare, People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy
- 2015-2017Member, Experts’ Commission on Facility for Caring for Many Persons at the National Human Rights Commission
- 2012-2014Legal Counsel, the Constitutional Court
- 2006Policy Advisor, the National Youth Commission
- 2004-2010Associate, Korean Public Interest Lawyers Group 'Gong-Gam'
- 2004Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2017, 2019Leading Lawyer in Insurance Practice, Legal Times
- 2013Received a commendation by the Chief Justice of Constitutional Court
- 2004Admitted in Korea
Korean / English