Jipyong's Construction & Real Estate Team is composed of Advisory Groups (Corporate, Finance), Litigation Group, and tax experts to provide clients with comprehensive and systematic advice and to resolve clients’ disputes.
In particular, Jipyong's Construction & Real Estate Team represents major construction companies, developers, redevelopment project associations, and urban development associations in litigation related to various construction and development projects. The Team also advises prominent and leading Korean construction companies, developers and all types of associations in the course of performing litigation.
Jipyong’s Construction & Real Estate Team also represents clients in litigations and provides advisory services related to construction and development projects of various financial institutions.
Jipyong's Construction & Real Estate Team boasts rich and successful history of carrying out litigations in all areas related to construction, including lawsuits over construction cost, construction contract, public contract, bidding, redevelopment, reconstruction, environment right infringement, and unfair trade practices.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Litigation related to real estate funds, including domestic and foreign REITs and real estate trusts
- Litigation related to construction and acquisition financing, including real estate development, real estate acquisition, project financing, PF ABS, PF ABCP, PFV
- Advice on various international contracts and lawsuits related to project financing for overseas real estate (China, Vietnam, Philippines) development projects
- Litigation related to private investment in social infrastructure
- Litigation related to national contract laws, public works and bidding
- Litigation related to construction cost of construction work, repair of defect, liquidated damage, warranty, infringement of environmental rights
- Litigation related to fair trade such as collusion among construction companies and unfair trade with subcontractors
- Disposition of properties and related litigation
- Litigation related to labor, industrial safety and industrial accidents
- Litigation related to construction administration regulations and urban planning
- Litigation related to redevelopment and reconstruction projects
- Litigation related to urban development
- Litigation related to construction company M&A, and bankruptcy proceedings
- Performed litigation claiming construction costs (including claiming for design changes, contract amount adjustments, overhead costs etc.) and liquidated damages, etc.
- Won the litigation seeking confirmation of invalidity of attachment established by the project manager with respect to a part of the apartment site which remained under the ownership of the previous project manager, in which Jipyong represented the reconstruction association establishment promotion committee
- Won the litigation for deregistration of title transfer brought by a local housing cooperative against the real estate in trust, in which Jipyong represented the construction company
- Represented in a litigation related to a private-public joint placement PF (claim for contributors’ responsibility, and compensation for suspension of project)
- Represented the private developers under Urban Development Act in a lawsuit claiming the return of contributions required to build common area within the project site
- Represented a builder in an arbitration for a claim for damages related to LNG tank gas leak and engineering works
- Performed a number of administrative cases for the reconstruction project association, including action to nullify approval of the association and cancel the management disposal plan
- Represented regional housing associations in a lawsuit related to the membership contract and nullity of resolution of general meeting
- Performed a number of lawsuits claiming construction costs (including claim for overhead costs, etc.), and liquidated damages
- Represented builders and occupants on environmental disputes regarding sunshine, view, noise, vibrations and dust
- Performed a lawsuit claiming cancelation of designation as a priority negotiation partner
- Performed a lawsuit confirming successful bidder status in public bidding, including a lawsuit for cancellation of bidding due to a bid price exceeding price proposed in the detailed design
- Performed a number of international litigations and arbitrations, including an international dispute related to overseas construction projects of Korean construction companies
- Performed financial restructuring such as PF business and private investment business
- Performed lawsuits to take over enforcement rights in PF projects
- Performed litigation claiming cancellation of imposition of shares for development projects including litigation claiming cancellation of imposition of share for school site
- Performed lawsuits claiming financial support for private investment projects
- Performed lawsuits related to replotting plan and implementation plan for urban development projects
- Represented in disputes over management rights of large-scale complex buildings