Mr. Won Jeong is a partner in the Construction & Real Estate Group under Litigation Group at Jipyong. He advises and represents clients in the areas of real estate and construction.
Mr. Jeong is especially interested in legislations related to real estate and real estate development, and has shown excellent performances in the areas of urban planning and development, reconstruction, redevelopment, and development of industrial complexes.
He is one of the best experts on legal issues involving urban development and improvement projects. His expertise has also been recognized by the Korean Bar Association and Seoul Bar Association, at which he had been invited to lecture on the subjects.
He has successfully represented major domestic construction companies in lawsuits involving construction fee claims and development projects, and is highly valued by construction companies and developer clients due to his expertise on identifying and presenting market-leading issues.
Mr. Jeong is a member of the Korean Bar. He has an LL.M in administrative law from Seoul National University and an LL.B from Seoul National University.
- 2010Graduate School of Law, Seoul National University
- 1999Seoul National University (LL.B.)
- 2004-PresentPartner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2013-PresentAdjunct Professor, Seoul National University Law School
- 2015-2017Legal Advisor, Korea Institute of Construction Engineering and Management
- 2007-2008Member, Human Rights Commission, Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency
- 2001-2004Judge Advocate Officer, Korean Air Force
- 2001Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2017, 2019, 2021-2022Leading Lawyer in Real Estate Practice, Legal Times
- 2018Leading Lawyer in Construction/Real Estate, Korea In-house Counsel Association & Law Times
- 2017Lawyer of the Year in Real Estate Practice, Legal Times
Speaking Engagements and Publications Close
- 2020The Story of Construction/Real Estate by JIPYONG, Korea Construction Specialist Newspaper
- 2016Laws on Project Financing of Real Estate Development Project (Co-author), Parkyoungsa
Bar Admissions & Qualifications Close
Korean / English / Japanese