Mr. Sang Sub Um passed the national CPA exam in 1990 and then worked at several CPA firms including Samil PwC. He completed trainings at the Judicial Research and Training Institute in 2000 when he start his legal career. He served as a judge for 20 years from 2000 to 2020, and retired as a presiding judge at the Suwon Family Court before joining Jipyong.
He handled a variety of cases including civil, criminal, administrative and family cases as a law clerk at the Taxation Department of the Supreme Court, and as a judge of Seoul Central District Court and Suwon Family Court. He also handled corporate rehabilitation matters at the bankruptcy chamber of the Central District Court (Currently Seoul Bankruptcy Court) and taxation dispute matters at the Taxation Department of the Supreme Court.
In addition, as a presiding judge of Suwon District Court and Suwon Family Court from 2017 to 2020, he ruled on cases related to divorce and division of property, and division of inherited property. In 2019, he was designated as a judge specialized in family and juvenile cases.
At Jipyong, he is providing legal services in the fields of taxation, family, bankruptcy, criminal and civil law based on his wide range of 20-year experience.
- 2007-2008Visiting Scholar, École nationale de la magistrature
- 1990Kyung Hee University (B.A. in Business Administration)
- 2020-PresentPartner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2019-2020Member, Local Tax Council, Seoul
- 2019-2020 Chief Judge, Suwon Family Court
- 2018 Chairman, the Election Management Committee of Osan-si
- 2017-2019 Chief Judge, Suwon District Court
- 2015-2017 Chief Judge, Mokpo Branch Court of Gwangju District Court
- 2015-2016 Chairman, the Election Management Committee of Muan-gun
- 2013-2015 Judicial Researcher, the Supreme Court
- 2010-2013 Judge, Suwon Family Court
- 2006-2010 Judge, Seoul Central District Court
- 2003-2006 Judge, Suwon Family Court
- 2000-2003 Judge, Cheongju District Court
- 2000Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
- 1990-1991Samil PricewaterhouseCoopers
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2021Leading Lawyer in Tax Practice, Legal Times
- 2000Admitted in Korea
- 1990Certified Public Accountant, Korea
Korean / English