Tax issues are inextricably linked with corporate and individual economic activities. We understand the key to meeting our clients’ business and individual needs is in our capabilities to identify and effectively deal with complex tax issues. Jipyong’s Tax Team is well-placed to assist you. We pride ourselves in providing customized advice and legal representation to address tax issues accompanied with corporate management, restructuring, intra-company transactions, investments, financial transactions, and asset transfers including real estate transfer, inheritance, and donation to ensure success in our clients’ businesses.
In addition, Jipyong has expertise in cross-border advice with our tax attorneys across our global network including our eight overseas branch offices. Our International Tax Team provides one-stop service based on their expertise in overseas practice and global reach through the global business center, which are combined with our attorneys’ high-quality tax advice.
Jipyong's Tax Team consists of experienced attorneys who regularly advise and represent clients in tax issues and litigation. They work closely with our professional accountants to provide integrated tax advice to identify and analyze complex and challenging tax issues. With our ability to identify and analyze tax issues affecting our clients’ businesses and offer customized solutions, we are committed to assisting our clients achieve their goals and success.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Tax issues related to mergers and acquisitions, including business transfers, stock transfers, and mergers
- Tax issues related to corporate restructuring such as investment in kind, capital increase or decrease, and splits
- Tax issues related to foreign investments and foreign transactions
- Tax issues related to asset transfers such as real estate transactions
- Tax issues according to financial transactions
- Tax issues resulting from investments
- Tax issues arising from inheritance and gifts
- Diagnosis of tax issues arising from economic activities
- Tax strategies and planning according to the nature of tax issues
- Tax issues arising from corporate management activities
- HITE's acquisition of Jinro and tax due diligence; acquisition of Korean companies by Veratest, acquisition of Korean companies by Akzo Nobel,; tax advice on corporate acquisition for: Kumho Consortium's acquisition of Daewoo E&C, The Willbes & Co., Ltd.'s acquisition of Hanlim Legal Studies Academy, Infravalley's acquisition of Ablex, etc.; acquisition of Korean companies by QuantumClean, tax due diligence and advice on acquisition of Goodsentech by ITCEN company, investment and investment recovery of investment association
- M&As and split involving Pharmswell/ CJ Freshway/ Tong Yang Leisure/ Hyundai IT/ Sam Chang Enterprise, etc.; Analysis of eligibility and tax involving “K”, “J”, “I” companies for spin-off and “O” company for split/merger; Analysis on eligibility of merger between “T” and “B”, “P” and “R” companies, merger ratio, and tax; Advice on treasury stock acquisition procedure, refusal of unfair calculation, classification of income of “C” company by “Y” company; “M” company’s business transfer after establishing JV; conversion of JW Pharmaceutical into a holding company and establishment of Golden Bridge financial holding company, etc.; restructuring of a foreign company in which Hanbitsoft invested; corporate restructuring of KLS;
- China: Establishment of POSCO's affiliate, Korea Investment & Securities' China PAN-IPO Fund, Chungsan Development's investment in China, Mirae Asset Securities' POSCO Center in Dalian, Heung-A Shipping's investment in mine operation in China, Hyundai Corporation's holding company in China, etc.
- Vietnam: Establishment of Kumho Tires' sales affiliate, POSCO E&C's investment in Vietnam, setup of Charm Engineering's Vietnamese JV, investment in Diamond Cinema, CJ O Shopping's investment in Vietnam, etc.
- Russia and CIS countries: Russian aircraft special asset fund, POSCO E&C's Sakhalin project, Poongsan Prorus's Sakhalin development, KT's investment in Russia, Korea Investment & Securities' Sakhalin project, etc.
- Other countries: Daol Real Estate's Arizona (U.S.) project, Daishin Securities' Lavarlo (U.S.) investment and REO investment, Meritz Securities' New Jersey project, investment in Vientiane, Laos, Sunglim's development project in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Consus Asset Management's investment in a Japanese company, With B&I's investment in a BOT project in Thailand, Korea Exchange Bank / Amco Cambodia PF, etc., Companies “Y” and “L”’s foreign investment in Myanmar through SPC.
- Incresco's sale of Junghak-dong site
- Ultra-Construction’s sale of the Yuwon Building
- Oaktree Chungra project
- Songdo New Town Development Project, acquisition of real estate in Korea by Bradgate Co., a U.S. company, etc.
- Company “I”’s acquision of real estate in large city
- KDB's setup of PEF for restructuring; Korea Asset Management Corporation's ship fund, Mirae Asset Securities' set up of PEF, the unsold real estate fund by Woori Investment and Securities / Hyundai Motor / IB Securities, etc., KTB's offshore fund and new growth engine fund, etc.
- Relisting of Jinro, Millinet Solar IPO, and IPOs of foreign companies, including New Pride Corporation of U.S. and Kolao Group in Laos
- Advised Hyundai Cummins Engine Company on tax issues related to foreign direct investment, tax reduction and tax levy
- Advised company “K” on tax reduction and imposition
[Tax advice on optimal structure design for M&A and restructuring for:]
[Tax advice on the establishment of optimal investment structure for foreign investment in:]
[Tax advice related to real estate investment and sale:]
[Tax advice related to finance regarding PEF and asset securitization for optimal structure for deals, including:]
[Tax advice related to IPOs by domestic and foreign companies:]
[Tax reduction for foreign direct investment:]