Corporate growth often requires improvement in corporate governance based on business and legal needs. Jipyong has accumulated experiences in improving corporate governance through mergers, share transfer transactions, and attraction of investment to restructure affiliates, and we perform conversion into a holding company which desires to enhance efficiency through conversion, spinoff in the process, and reporting the conversion to the Fair Trade Commission. In addition, we support establishment of compliance system so that a company can meet the legal compliance requirement in the course of operations.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Strategies to stabilize corporate governance through establishment of holding company, capital restructuring, and investment attraction
- Conversion into holding company and spinoff of related company
- Reporting to the Fair Trade Commission related to the conversion into holding company
- Changes in governance through M&A between affiliates
- Establishment of a compliance system
- Composition and operation of the board of directors and general meeting of shareholders and other corporate governance related advice
- With regard to joint ventures between foreign and domestic companies, supporting preparation and negotiation of investment agreements, review of the best corporate ownership and corporate governance satisfying the interests of investors, reporting to and licensing from supervisory authorities and other general advice
- Advised POSCO on M&A with POSCO PNS
- Advised POSCO PNS on M&A between POSCO TMC and POSCO SPFS
- Advised Hanwha E&C on its acquisition of shares in Hanwha Estate
- Advised NongHyup Agribusiness Group and NongHyup Hanaro Mart on transfer of fruits & vegetables business division
- Advised Kyungdong on reporting spinoff of companies required for conversion into holding company and establishment of holding company
- Advised Hanil Cement on reporting spinoff of companies required for conversion into holding company and establishment of holding company, and establishment of compliance system under the Fair Trade Act
- Advised PEF established by Opus Private Equity on the acquisition of RCPS in Mugunghwa Trust Co., Ltd.
- Advised a private equity fund established by YJA Investment and KB Securities/TS Investment in connection with its acquisition of convertible bonds issued by Kolen Co., Ltd
- Represented a private equity fund established by Platform Partners Asset Management in its acquisition of convertible bonds issued by GENEMATRIX Inc.
- Advised establishment of a holding company by Korea Investment Holdings (formerly Dongwon Investment Holdings