Mr. Min Shin is a partner in the M&A Team at Jipyong and mainly advises and represents domestic and international corporate clients in domestic and transnational mergers & acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance structure, fair trade, bankruptcy/restructuring as well as environmental matters.
Mr. Shin has diverse experiences in various corporate and finance matters where he advised and represented clients in friendly M&A transactions, hostile takeovers where specialized advises on the offenses and defences related to hostile takeovers were provided, corporate M&As through PEFs, protection of interests for minority shareholders, and acquisition financing.
Mr. Shin’s expertise also spreads across complex issues related to cross-border investments by Korean companies and foreign investments in Korea by foreign companies. Mr. Shin has handled rehabilitation and insolvency proceedings on behalf of insolvent companies, and also represented creditors in numerous lawsuits.
In recognition of his outstanding policy/legislation research works on the issues of energy and environment for the government, and successful representations in environmental lawsuits against corporations, Mr. Shin was elected the best lawyer in the field of environmental law in 2007.
Mr. Shin is a member of the Korean Bar. Mr. Shin has a LL.M from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and a LL.B from Seoul National University.
- 2007 Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (LL.M.)
- 1996 Seoul National University (LL.B.)
- 2017-Present Partner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2019-Present Member, SH Human Rights Center
- 2016-2017 Planning Director, Korean Environmental Law Association
- 2014-2017 Partner, Kim Chang & Lee
- 2012-2019 Exam writer, Bar examination (2012, 2014, 2015, 2019)
- 2010-2011 Lecturer on Corporate Financing (mandatory training course for attorneys)
- 2003 Seoul National University, International Trade Law Research Program
- 2001-2008 Associate, Kim, Choi & Lim
- 2001 Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Notable Achievements Close
- Advised Seoul City Gas Co., Ltd. on the sale of shares in CASCO to Continental AG
- Advised the largest shareholder of GC Company on the sale of his management rights to CVC Capital
- Advised Moorim Group on the sale of the management rights of the group’s affiliate
- Advised Smilegate Megaport on the acquisition of a video game company
- Advised the group of creditors including Korea Development Bank on the sale of the management rights of KG Dongbu Steel
- Advised Socius-Well to Sea Investment consortium on acquisition of Doosan Engine
- Advised Hanil Cement on establishment/conversion of a holding company
- Advised STIC Investment on its investment in numerous companies through a PEF
- Advised Tongyang Networks in connection with disputes over management right
- Advised Korea Asset Management Corporation on sale of its shares in Hyundai Card
- Advised Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) on sale of its shares in KEPCO KPS
- Advised SK on acquisition of Medison
- Advised Interpark on acquisition of Alticast
- Advised Dongbu Steel on acquisition of a Vietnamese steel company
- Advised Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation on the sale of Goyang Bus Terminal assets
- Advised Tongyang Financial on restructuring
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2019, 2021 Leading Lawyer in Corporate and M&A Practice, Legal Times
- 2001Admitted in Korea
Korean / English