Jipyong's Private Equity Group has contributed significantly to the development of Korea's PE market. We participated in the amendment process of the Indirect Investment Assets Management Business Act when PEFs were in the early stages of being adopted in Korea in 2005, since then we have established numerous PEFs. Throughout the years, we have contributed various articles and literature to facilitate the discussions for improving the PEF system and cooperated with the Financial Supervisory Service, the Financial Services Commission, and market participants with the undisputable expertise in the PEF sectors. In particular, 「Understanding of PEF」 written by our Private Equity Group is appreciated as a book versed in PEF.
In addition, Jipyong's Private Equity Group has performed a number of domestic and international M&As involving PEFs, and is highly appreciated by the clients for our high-level theoretical knowledge and continued research. In recognition of these efforts, we received the Best Legal Advisory Award in the 16th Korea IB Awards organized by ‘Money Today’, a Korean news magazine.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Legal and tax consulting for the optimal investment structure
- Comprehensive service in relation to the establishment and registration of PEFs (creation of AOI, incorporation, filing reports and licensing applications to FSS and FSC)
- Agreement between partners, agreement between investors, and agreement between managing partners
- Registration of PEF GP
- Execution of PEF investments and advice on M&A
- Post-investment services and regulator report services for PEFs
- Services on the establishment and registration of hedge funds
- Registration of foreign PEFs and hedge funds with FSS for their sales efforts in Korea and other sales-related services
- Advice to Korean pension funds on their investments in overseas PEFs and hedge funds and establishment of SPC
- Advised Buco Company on a PEF’s acquisition of Doosung Korea
- Advised AIM Investment and Opus Private Equity on a PEF’s acquisition of Mychef
- Advised Puzzle Investment Korea on a PEF’s acquisition of Food Farm International Co., Ltd.
- Advised a private equity fund established by YJA Investment and KB Securities / TS Investment in connection with its acquisition of convertible bonds issued by Kolen Co., Ltd.
- Represented a private equity fund established by Platform Partners Asset Management in its acquisition of convertible bonds issued by GENEMATRIX Inc.
- Represented a private equity fund established by Platform Partners Asset Management in its acquisition of shares from the shareholder of Seoul Airport Limousine
- Advised a private equity fund established by WWG Asset Management on its acquisition of new shares issued by SPC under the Financial Investment Services and Capital Markets Act
- Represented NH Investment & Securities in connection with its buy-out of its joint venture partner
- Advised a PEF established by IBK Securities Co., Ltd. on transfer of old shares from existing shareholders
- Represented a private equity fund established by IBK PE and SK Securities and a venture fund established by DA Value Investment and ST Leaders Private Equity in connection with their acquisition of existing shares of and redeemable convertible preference shares to be newly issued by BS Rental
- Advised Crescendo Equity Partners on investment in Bline Fund No. 2
- Advised a consortium of 11 investors (including venture funds and PEFs) and issuing companies on their acquisition of existing shares and on the subscription by the consortium for bonds with warrant related to Pointmobile Co., Ltd.
- Advised a private equity fund established by Mirae Technology Co., Ltd. (an affiliate of DaouKiwoom Group) and Corstone Asia on its acquisition of management control of and shares in Wisebirds Co., Ltd.
- Represented a private equity fund established by Bayside PE in its acquisition of shares in Wellive Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Advised the PEF established by Centroid PE on investment through an SPC incorporated in Singapore
- Advised the PEF and investment partnership established by Keystone PE and Songhyun PE on the acquisition of shares in Digen Inc.
- Advised the PEF established by Keystone PE on its acquisition of shares in DSEC Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of DSME Co., Ltd.