Mr. Tae Hyun Lee is a partner in the firm’s M&A Group and is widely recognized as an expert in this field. His extensive experience includes advising clients on conversion to holding companies, foreign investments, acquisition of companies through private equity funds, sale and acquisition of finance companies, corporate governance, anti-trust issues, subcontracting issues as well as general corporate matters and M&A transactions.
Mr. Lee also advises and represents clients in the pharmaceutical/bio/healthcare industries.
Mr. Lee has recently completed a course on Fair Trade and Consumer Protection Law at Seoul National University’s School of Law.
Mr. Lee is a member of the Korean Bar. He has a LL.M from Fordham University and a B.Com in Management from Seoul National University.
- 2014Fordham University (LL.M.)
- 1997 Seoul National University (B.A. in Business Administration)
- 2008-Present Partner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2007-2008 Associate, EYP Law
- 2007 Seoul National University, Graduate School of Law, Fair Trade and Consumer Protection Law Research Seminar
- 2007 Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
- 2005-2006 Member, Korea International Trade Law Association
Notable Achievements Close
- Advised Hyundai Mipo Dockyard on sale of its shares in Hi Investment & Securities
- Advised SK Holding on its acquisition of shares in LG Siltron from LG Corp.
- Advised on the sale of Taihan Electric Wire
- Advised on the sale of Hyundai Hyms
- Advised on the acquisition of Wisebirds
- Advised on the acquisition of Dongbu Express
- Advised Hanil Cement on conversion to a holding company
- Advised on equity investment in an Indonesian e-commerce company
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2022Leading Lawyer in Corporate and M&A Practice, Legal Times
Speaking Engagements and Publications Close
- 2011. 11.Company Split-up and Convertible Bonds, Stock Option, Business, Finance & Law, Issue 49
Bar Admissions & Qualifications Close
Korean / English