Our attorneys interact closely with members from our Mergers and Acquisitions, Insolvency and Restructuring and Tax Teams to help our clients achieve their goals in developing and executing various financing and acquisition transactions such as loan from financial institution, issuance of corporate bond and new shares in the target company, and acquisition of liabilities of target company. We design transaction structure and resolve all issues including LBO which may arise in connection with the acquisition financing using mezzanine securities such as CB and BW. Jipyong prepares agreements and required documents. With cooperation with our Insolvency & Restructuring Team, we provide comprehensive legal advice on acquisition financing during the final stages of corporate restructurings and on fund raising.
Moreover, based on active interaction with M&A Team and our accumulated experience in financial industry, restructuring and related regulations, we also take care of mergers and acquisitions between various domestic and international financial institutions such as banks, securities companies, asset management companies and savings banks which are governed by very demanding and diverse regulations in terms of size, governance and qualifications for acquisition.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Advice on a wide range of business arrangements to suit client needs
- Review of laws and tax issues related to acquisition financing
- Preparation of and negotiation on documents for acquisition financing
- Termination of rehabilitation proceedings through active communication with the court
- Review of acquirer’s credentials and licenses in M&A transactions involving financial institutions
- Legal due diligence of M&A transactions involving financial institutions
- Negotiating and drafting for M&A transactions involving financial institutions
- Advice on PMI in M&A transactions involving financial institutions
- Advice on foreign direct investment and foreign exchange transaction issues in acquisition financing and M&A
- Advised Buco Company on a PEF’s acquisition of Doosung Korea
- Advised AIM Investment and Opus Private Equity on a PEF’s acquisition of Mychef
- Advised Puzzle Investment Korea on a PEF’s acquisition of Food Farm International Co., Ltd.
- Advised Lookoptics, Representative Myung Hyo HEO, and Seouleager on developing a transaction structure for subscription of shares in Neoplux and execution of a shareholders’ agreement, etc.
- Advised SK C&C on the acquisition finance for transfer and processing business of shale gas in the U.S.
- Advised Shinhan Card on its acquisition of interest in Salim Group of Indonesia
- Advised KDB Trinity DHIC PEF on the acquisition of shares in Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
- Advised the Corporate Partnership PEF between National Pension Service and KEPCO on the acquisition of shares in emeng International Energy held by Deutsche Bank
- Provided corporate due diligence service and advised Fosun Financial Holdings Ltd. on its bid
- Advised Hyundai Securities on its approximately KRW 90 billion investment in a commercial property in Tokyo Province
- Advised Daewoo Securities on the PEF investment in an aggregate extraction company
- Advised NH Nonghyup on the sale of a PF site in Yingkou, China
- Advised Q Capital Partners and IBK Capital Corporation on the sale of Star Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Advised the lenders of acquisition financing for Carrefour Korea
- Advised Korea Exchange Bank on the acquisition financing for Nasan Department Store
- Represented Shinhan Bank in merger of Shinhan Vietnam Bank and Shinhan Vina Bank
- Represented Shinhan Bank in acquisition financing of Central City
- Represented Shinhan Bank in acquisition financing for Monalisa Co., Ltd. and SsangYong C&B Inc.
- Represented Korean institutional investors in acquisition financing of Hana Securities Building
- Advised IBK Securities on M&A of IBKS Smart SME Special Purpose Acquisition Company
- Represented Shinhan Bank for the purpose of acquiring TK Chemical’s issued shares in executing on loan agreements for repayment of existing loans and on bond and stock option transfer agreements
- Represented Hyundai Swiss Asset Management in establishment of PEF for purchase of Yehanwul Savings Bank and advised on purchase of interests in Yehanwul Savings Bank