Ms. Yi Tae Kim is a Partner in the Finance Group. Her main practice expertise covers real estate financings, project financings, structured financings and acquisition financings.
Ms. Kim has extensive experience in project financings involving domestic and cross-border real estate, infrastructure and renewable energy development projects, representing diverse parties, including banks, financial institutions, securities companies, insurance companies, asset management companies, developers and constructors. Ms. Kim also specializes in structured financings involving the securitization of domestic and cross-border real estate, securities and a wide range of receivables, as well as acquisition financings for the acquisition of real estate or corporations.
Ms. Kim holds an LL.B. from Korea University and LL.M. from the University of Southern California, Gould School of Law.
She is a member of the Korean and New York Bars.
- 2014 University of Southern California, Gould School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2004 Korea University (LL.B.)
- 2006-Present Partner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2019-Present Member, Korean Securities Law Association
- 2006 Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Notable Achievements Close
- Advised Korea Development Bank on project financing for Yeongyang wind power generation project and refinancing for ESS project
- Advised Kyobo AXA Investment Manager on project financing for photovoltaic ESS project
- Advised Shinhan Investment Corp. on securitization of a loan backed by consumer finance loan receivable from a Vietnamese financial institution
- Advised Pinestreet Asset Management on SK Networks’ transfer of LPG stations and subsequent asset securitization
- Advised NH Investment & Securities on an ABL backed by accounts receivable of Qingdao Lidong Chemical Co., Ltd.
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2021Rising Star in Antitrust & Competition Practice, Legal Times
Speaking Engagements and Publications Close
- 2019Project Finance 2019 - North Korea Chapter (Chambers & Partners)
- 2016. 3.Real Estate Development Law (co-author), Pakyoungsa
- 2015. 6.Practical Issues on Land Development Trust (co-author), Real Estate Industry Journal (first issue), Korea Real Estate Industry Society
Bar Admissions & Qualifications Close
- 2018New York
Korean / English / Chinese