Jipyong's Structured Finance Team advises on diverse asset-backed structured finance transactions (ABS, ABL, ABCP) as well as structured finance transactions involving various trust, investment trust, REITs forms. Our attorneys have expertise in securitizing a wide range of asset types including real estate, corporate bonds, automobile sales accounts receivable, credit card accounts receivable, apartment presales accounts receivable, construction fee accounts receivable, auto loans, developer’s loan, RMB-deposit note, corporate bond issued by foreign financial institutions. Also, we have extensive experience with NPL transactions, successfully having advised on the sale, acquisition, and securitization of non-performing assets and securitization.
In addition, Jipyong's Structured Finance Team renders services on drafting and interpretation of various derivative financial instruments related contracts, including the ISDA Master Agreement established by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) and the accompanying Schedule and reviewing confirmation. We provide comprehensive legal advice on newly designed or modified derivatives securities and related transactions incorporating the characteristics of derivative financial instruments.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Disposition of assets using NPL securitization and other financing techniques for loans receivable and accounts receivable from nonperforming project financing loan
- ABS, ABL, ABCP and ABCP related matters where such conduits are set up based on real estate, bonds, receivables and other diverse range of assets
- Legal review of and advice on MBB and MBS contracts
- Advice regarding derivatives and derivative backed securities pursuant to Financial Investment Services and Capital Markets Act
- Advice on ISDA Master Agreement and supplying legal opinions on related matters
- Advice on new structured finance products including Catastrophe Bond and Islamic Bond
- Advised Pacific Investment Management Company on establishment of a rental housing REITs and sale and purchase of real estate in Gil-dong
- Advised a Korean asset management company on forward purchase of STX R&D Center through a REIT
- Advised PAMCO on the forward purchase transaction related to Lotte City Hotel Ulsan through REITs
- Advised Korea Investment & Securities on the sale and lease back transaction related to GS E&C Research Institute
- Represented LIG Investment Securities in executing loan agreement on financing for acquisition of unsold units of apartment complex
- Advised NH Bank on its sale of NPL bonds to Daishin F&I
- Advised a commercial bank in Laos on the securitization of the trade receivables and issuance of privately-placed bonds
- Advised Woori Investment & Securities on the ABS of claim of balance in time deposit account marked in US dollar and opened in a bank in China
- Advised Hyundai Securities on the ABS using the private placement bond issued by Dongbu Farm Hannong
- Advised IBK Securities on the ABS of accounts receivable of KT ENS Co., Ltd.
- Advised BNK Asset Management Co., Ltd. on the establishment of and loan for ‘Specialized private equity investment trust (Tuna 1 Fund)’, the nation’s first investment fund in real investment form
- Advised Shinhan Bank on transaction of ABS including ticket selling account receivables of Doosan Bears
- Advised NH Investment & Securities Co., Ltd. on the financing loan for the working funds of Qingdao Lidong Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Advised Daewoo Securities on the issue of CBO using beneficiary right of Dong Il Construction in developer account receivables trust and real estate trust as underlying asset
- Advised SC Bank on the issue of CBO using the beneficiary rights of apartment sales receivables trust and real estate mortgage trust of Kumho Industrial as underlying asset
- Advised SC Bank on the issue of CBO using beneficiary right in automobile loan receivable of Kumho Trading as underlying asset