Jipyong, based on various experiences and expertise, provides fast and comprehensive advice on domestic and overseas ship and aircraft transactions.
For financing of ships in particular, our attorneys work closely with our much lauded Maritime Team, which has been recognized by leading domestic and international legal directories alike including ‘Asialaw’ as one of the best Maritime Teams in Korea in 2010, in successfully guiding clients through the prompt and efficient process of acquiring new and used ships.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Ship financing through SPC’s in such territories as Panama, Marshall Islands, Liberia and Belize
- Ship financing through mortgage setup pursuant to Korean laws
- Ship financing through ship fund and ship investment company
- Ship financing through ship leasing, ship sale, issuance of structured refund guarantee, restructuring of financing structure
- Aircraft financing to acquire new and old aircrafts
- Aircraft financing related matters such as aircraft leasing, aircraft sales
- Advised Korea Export Import Bank on ship financing to finance the shipbuilding cost for 2 oil drilling ships of Stena, a Swedish ship-owner
- Advised Shipping Imperial Co., Ltd. (“SIC”) on cancellation and establishment of pledge related to the change of a ship’s nationality into that of Panama
- Advised Korea Exim Bank on the ship financing for a new ship of a Greek ship-owner, Capital Maritime & Trading Corp.
- Advised Korea Exim Bank on the ship financing for Polaris Shipping’s acquisition of a used ship
- Advised Korea Exchange Bank on the ship financing for a new ship of Dong Yung Shipping Co., Ltd.
- Represented Korea Finance Corporation in financing of a used ship for Sinokor Merchant Marine, Co., Ltd.
- Represented major stakeholders such as Korea Exchange Bank, Korea Development Bank in financing of a new ship for UniKo Shipping
- Represented Korea Development Financing Corp. in financing of two new vessels for CE Line Holding Corporation
- Represented Korea Finance Corporation and Kookmin Bank in financing two new vessels for SK Shipping
- Represented National Federation of Fisheries Cooperatives and Korea Exchange Bank in financing two new vessels for Doosung Ships
- Represented Korea Exchange Bank and Shinhan Capital in financing a used vessel for Five Ocean
- Represented Shinhan Capital in financing a used vessel for Jinyang Shipping
- Represented Korea Exchange Bank in financing new and used vessels for SG Shipping
- Represented Shinhan Capital in financing a used vessel for Petra Shipping
- Advised domestic liners on ship registration/cancellation and mortgage registration/cancellation in Panama, Marshall Islands, Tuvalu, Kiribati and Cambodia
- Represented Korea Asset Management Corporation in establishing a ship fund
- Represented lenders in an ABL loan transaction for a Thailand-based aircraft
- Represented t’way air, Inc. in aircraft lease transaction