Since 2010, Jipyong’s Myanmar Team, comprised of experienced attorneys and more than 10 experts in diverse areas including M&A, finance, overseas business, has provided efficient legal services to our clients utilizing our local network and expertise amassed through consistent commitment in the area.
JIPYONG MYANMAR Limited (Local Subsidy)
JIPYONG MYANMAR LIMITED, the local presence of Jipyong, is staffed with attorney and expert advisors who are dispatched from our Seoul Office, and Myanmar attorneys, certified public accountants, legal researchers and translators, who possess rich experiences, allowing the local presence to independently provide legal services on-sites.
Our Myanmar Team in Seoul and our Myanmar Office organically cooperate together to provide swift and accurate legal and consulting services to our clients in both locations.
We also collaborate with different advisories, businesses and government-related institutions in Myanmar, in order to provide better legal service and investment consulting service based on wider business network. Such business network of Jipyong has been improving the quality of our legal services in the field and helping us provide practical services that serve the needs of our clients.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Comprehensive legal advice on entry into Myanmar including investment strategy and deal structure
- Incorporation of local business entities, joint ventures, M&A, acquisition of shares
- Real estate development including for hotels, resorts, offices, commercial buildings, residences and factories
- Energy related transactions including construction of power plants
- Infrastructure development
- Natural resources development
- Investment in agriculture, forestry
- Project Finance
- Financial institutions' entry into the market
- Trade and international commerce
- Legal advices and tax & accounting services foreign companies' operation in Myanmar
- Advised SK Trading International and SK Energy, which are in the business of petroleum products, on subscription of newly issued shares of Best Oil Company, the importer and distributor of petroleum products in Myanmar
- Advised a Korean energy company on legal issues, due diligence and transaction structure related to acquisition of shares in Myanmar oil company
- Advised Lotte Group on the legal issues and other contract-related matters and conducted the due diligence for acquisition of MGSB, a Myanmar beverage company
- Advised on the issues related to legal/tax due diligence and contracts with regard to the acquisition of shares in a Myanmar lumber company
- Conducted a legal due diligence regarding the acquisition of shares in a Myanmar construction equipment manufacturing company
- Conducted the due diligence and provided advices on the transaction structure regarding the acquisition of shares in a Myanmar sewing company
- Advised on legal issues and other contract related issues related to acquisition of Thilawa port
- Advised the Incheon International Airport Corporation Consortium on the Myanmar Hanthawady New International Airport Construction Project
- Provided legal services related to the nation's power generation project, including the review of transaction structure, drafting and reviewing the agreements, negotiating with the government, etc.
- Advised a Thai investor on the due diligence and tax/legal issues related to investment in a Myanmar photovoltaic power generation
- Advised on Myanmar water supply infrastructure construction project (IPP)
- Advised LG International Corp. on due diligence and joint investment in a Myanmar cement plant
- Advised a Korean company who desires to be engaged in logistics/transport business jointly with Myanmar Transport Authority on investment proposal, investment structure, JV contract, incorporation and MIC approval, etc.
- Advised on the joint investment project for the import of automobile into Myanmar
- Advised on joint venture business for operation of a superstore in Myanmar
- Provided legal services to a corporate client with regard to a joint investment project for the agricultural machinery rental business in Myanmar, such as legal review, agreement drafting, etc.
- Advised on the promotion of K-Pop concert in Myanmar
- Advised a Korean airline company on setting up its branch in Myanmar
- Advised a number of Korean companies and Japanese companies which have entered Thilawa Special Economic Zone for businesses of cement (company Y), cooking oil (company C), cable (companies K and L), electronic parts (company M), manufacturing and transportation (company Y).
- Advised Hanwha Corporation (Trading Division) on a high-rise building project in Myanmar
- Advised on JV contract and hotel operation contract related to Daewoo Amara Hotel project
- Advised Shinhan Bank on overall issues related to bidding to get license for foreign bank in Myanmar (Obtained license for the first time among Korean banks)
- Incorporation of micro-financing companies such as BNK Capital, Woori Bank, IBK Capital, NH Band and Mason Capital, and acquisition of license
- Advised on establishment of NBFI’s representative office, and application for business license
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in a trademark dispute
- Represented foreign airlines and staff residing in the areas in lawsuits seeking confirmation of exemption from taxation and return of corporate income tax under the double taxation treaty