- TEL +82-2-6200-1753
- FAX +82-2-6200-0821
- E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Cheol Jeong heads the firm’s M&A Group. Mr. Jeong specializes in mergers and acquisitions, project finance, and corporate governance. Mr. Jeong represents a wide array of domestic and foreign corporations in the energy and finance sectors, real estate, and food and beverage industries.
Mr. Jeong also heads the Myanmar Team, and manages the firm’s foreign operations and global network. He is also a member of the China Team and regularly advises clients on matters related to Thailand, Russia, Central Asia, and the Latin Americas.
Mr. Jeong has extensive experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and complex infrastructure projects. His notable accomplishments include representing SK Holdings Co. Ltd. in the acquisition of LG Siltron shares, and representing Korea Development Bank in the block sale of shares in 79 invested companies.
Mr. Jeong has been named by IFLR 1000 as a Leading Lawyer in the Energy and Infrastructure sector for three consecutive years since 2014 and in the Financial and Corporate sector for two consecutive years since 2016. In 2018, he was recognized by IFLR 1000 as Highly Regarded for his various undertakings in mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Jeong received the Minister of Justice Award in 2017 and is touted by his peers as the most global minded entrepreneurial legal professionals of his generation.
- 2010University of Southern California, Gould School of Law (LL.M.)
- 1998Seoul National University (LL.B.)
- 2005-Present Partner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2017-Present Legal Advisor, Ministry of Justice for Korean Small-and-Medium Enterprises in the Overseas
- 2002-2005 Judge Advocate Officer, Korean Air Force
- 2002 Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2017, 2019, 2021-2022Leading Lawyer in Corporate and M&A Practice, Legal Times
- 2014-2022Leading Lawyer, IFLR
- 2017Commendation from the Minister of Justice
Bar Admissions & Qualifications Close
- 2013New York
Korean / English
(Cheol JEONG, Attorney at Law/Partner) 2019-09-05