Unlike the past, when people divided inherited assets through consultations between parties, people are now depending on court decisions for the division of inherited assets more than ever. There has also been a gradual increase in the frequency and size of the cases, requesting legal portion of heir. Inherited properties are divided not only considering the inherited property at the time of death of the heir, but also taking into account of the disposition inter vivos. Complicated and strict principles of inheritance laws require assistance of legal experts. On the other hand, it is best to be prepared with pre-emptive legal consultation so that disputes do not arise between family members.
Jipyong’s Family Law Team endeavors to prevent and resolve disputes employing practical experience and expertise in areas of family laws.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Inheritance disputes such as inherited property division and claims for the return of property and contribution by law
- Acceptance of limited approval, refusal of succession
- Invalidity of donation or willl
- Divorce by agreement or trial, international divorce, property division, alimony claims, parental rights and custody designation/change, and claims for fostering expenses
- Advise on inheritance and gift tax, tax investigation, and lawsuit for tax
- Confirmation of paternity, cognitive claim and claim for fostering expense, adoption, and dissolution of adoption
- Judging to start adult guardianship
- Advised on a lot of cases on inherited property division
- Advised on a lot of cases claiming for return of property by law
- Advised a number of family business succession and corporate governance changes, including “S” company worth KRW 100 billion
- Established strategy for intergenerational transfer of property and tax reduction through inter vivos gift
- Established strategies and advised on inheritance tax savings for a number of wealthy persons including “K”.
- Advised on inheritance tax investigation, etc.
- Claim for pre-deliberation and tax trial on inheritance tax and gift tax
- stablished strategies and advised on inheritance and gift for overseas Koreans and foreign investors residing in the US, China, Vietnam, and Indonesia
- Represented a number of adult guardianship cases
- Conducted lawsuit claiming for inherited property division
- Conducted lawsuit claiming for return of property by law
- Conducted a lawsuit claiming for cancellation of imposition of inheritance tax and gift tax
- Divorce and property division, claim for alimony, parental rights and custody designation/change, claim for fostering expense
- Conducted a lawsuit claiming for alimony due to undue termination of de fact marriage relations
- Cognitive claim and claim for fostering expense, adoption and dissolution of adoption
- Invalidity of will
- Qualified acceptance of limited approval, abandonment of inheritance
- Claim for commencement of adult guardianship
- Tax Tax Disputes Tax Advisory Tax Investigation ···CPA · Tax Accountant Sang Su KU