Increased mutual investment between Korea and Japan requires more sophisticated legal services to cope with increasingly complicated issues. In addition, Japanese companies entering Korea prefer to receive legal advice and opinions in Japanese.
Jipyong has accumulated a high level of expertise in various fields in order to effectively respond to the various demands for legal advice of Japanese companies, and has formed Japanese Team comprised not only of attorneys who are experts in diverse practice areas but those who can directly communicate to clients in Japanese.
In addition to the Japanese/Korean translation and review of the agreement, Jipyong’s Japanese Team has been involved in the Korean IPO of Japanese companies, the Japanese IPO of Korean companies, patents and intellectual property rights related disputes between Japanese and Korean companies, M&A by Korean companies or Japanese companies, and entry into Korea or Japan. We have provided legal services consistently from the initial consultation stage to the end of project only using Japanese language. Moreover, through a regular contact system with a professional who speaks Japanese fluently, we respond to inquiries of Japanese clients in Japanese even on detailed matter. As such Jipyong’s Japanese Team’s Japanese legal services has been highly recognized by Japanese clients giving high satisfaction.
In addition, Jipyong’s Japanese Team not only supports Korean and Japanese corporations, but also renders advice to Japanese companies who desire to enter into Southeast Asian countries in consultation with the local office in China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Myanmar, Russia, etc. We represented Japanese companies in resolving disputes occurred between Japanese companies and local companies in the local areas.
The network between headquarter and overseas branches of Jipyong allows us to provide accurate and high-quality legal services in Japanese to Japanese companies seeking to enter China or Southeast Asia considering Asia as single market, as well as to transactions between Korea and Japan. This unique legal service system in Japanese will determine business success of Japanese companies in the region.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Litigation (civil and criminal cases, transactions between companies, etc.)
- Mergers and acquisitions (on behalf of or against Japanese companies)
- Foreign direct investment (from establishment of joint ventures and local subsidiaries to comprehensive legal advice related to direct investment)
- Japanese Company’s Project Finance on real estate in Korea and SOC
- IPO (listing on Japanese or Korean stock exchange)
- Real estate (development, investment, operation, etc. of real estate by Japanese companies or Korean companies)
- Issuance of Securities
- Intellectual property right (offline/online)
- Labor and labor-management relations (issues related to personnel and labor management in enterprises)
- Fair trade (related to transactions occurring from international business), etc.
- Advised Hyundai Securities on purchase of a logistics center in Osaka, Japan
- Advised POSCO ICT on EPC agreement and consortium agreement for KUNIMI photovoltaic power generation plant in Kunimi, Japan
- Advised Kyoto Bio Pharma, a Japanese bio-tech company on the sale of its shares to Ace Hi-tech Co., Ltd., a semiconductor equipment and parts manufacturer
- Advised Hyundai Securities on the real estate investment in Tokyo Province, Japan (approximately KRW 90 Billion)
- Advised Hyundai Securities on the acquisition of office building in Tokyo Province (approximately KRW 70 Billion)
- Advised Japanese companies on the strategy for IPO on the Korea Exchange
- Advised a Korean company on the joint venture with a Japanese auto parts company in Korea, the business combination report, etc.
- Advised a Japanese (public) door-to-door sales company on the sales agreement in Korea
- Advised on the construction of solar power plant in Japan
- Advised a Korean securities company on investing in office buildings in Tokyo
- Advised several Korean companies on the M&A with Japanese companies
- Advised several Korean companies and financial institutions on the acquisition of golf courses in Japan
- Advised on the disputes related to IP, patent and copy rights between Korean and Japanese companies and the protection of such rights
- Advised on the intellectual property agreement between a Japanese company and a Korean company (related to on-line games)
- Mediated a dispute related to export and import contract between a Korean company and a Japanese company
- Advised on the inspection of matters related to accounting fraud in a Korean subsidiary of a Japanese listed company and the report of its result to the headquarters
- Advised Dong Yang Tanso Co., Ltd. on the provisional attachment and rehabilitation claim filing procedures
- Advised on establishment of joint ventures between Japanese listed companies and Korean listed companies
- Advised a Japanese securities company on M&A with a Korean financial institution
- Represented Japanese companies in litigations regarding patent infringement against Korean companies
- Advised a Korean subsidiary of a Japanese company on labor-management relations
- Advice on listing of MOTHERS, an affiliate of Tobe Soft Co., Ltd., a Korean company
- Advice on fair trade issues between a Japanese company and a Korean company
- Advised a large Japanese real estate company on real estate business in Korea
- Advised a large Japanese construction company on real estate business in Korea
- Advised SoftBank Japan on its acquisition of Core Information System
- Advised on establishing DI Associates, a JVC between Dacom and Trans Cosmos, Inc.
- Advised an affiliate of the Japanese apparel company Shalre on the transfer of shares in its subsidiary to Kazakhstan
- Advised OPT Korea on its acquisition of a stake in its Korean PR company
- Advised Japanese companies on acquiring permits for importing goods into Korea
- Advised Japanese companies on the retailer and merchant service agreements