The labeling & advertising and terms and conditions regulation are designed to protect consumers in areas other than conventional fair trade regulation. Recently, however, as the KFTC starts to enforce the law more proactively, cases relating to the labeling & advertising and terms and conditions are expected to increase in number. In line with the government’s increased attempts to protect consumer safety, regulations on labeling & advertisement and terms and conditions are expected to be more agressively enforced in the online and mobile environments as well as in the areas closely related to daily life and safety of people, which would go in tandem with proactive response.
Jipyong's Antitrust & Competition Team strives to provide accurate legal advice based on an in-depth understanding of industries in the emerging consumer protection sector.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Advice on issues related at the contract signing stage
- Inspection and guidelines related to terms and conditions and labeling & advertisement
- Responding to the KFTC over clauses in standard terms & conditions
- Responding to the KFTC’s decision on labeling and advertisement
- Representation of an administrative litigation (disposition of fines and cancellation of corrective orders) related to labeling and advertisement
- Represented Sandbox Network in its response to the guidelines on examination of its labeling and advertisement of ‘recommended and guaranteed’
- Applying for the screening of standard agreement prepared by game companies
- Applying for the screening of standard agreement by an entertainer management company on behalf of an actor represented by the same management company
- Applying for the screening of standard exclusive management agreement on behalf of a well-known Korean actor
- KFTC’s investigation into the labeling and advertisement of ‘K”, “S” and “C” companies
- Advised a number of Korean companies on standard agreement and labeling and advertisement