Mr. Poom Jang is a Partner in the Antitrust & Competition Team of Jipyong and specializes in fair trade disputes involving Korea Fair Trade Commission’s decisions and administrative proceedings.
Mr. Jang has handled numerous high profile cases such as Qualcomm’s abuse of monopoly power, collusion of LPG companies, and collusion on exchange rates by duty free stores. Mr. Jang also handles construction and real estate matters in addition to advising on fair trade law and subcontracting law issues for construction companies.
Mr. Jang is a member of the Korean Bar. He has an LL.M from the University of California Davis School of Law and Seoul National University and an LL.B from Seoul National University.
- 2017University of California Davis School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2011Graduate School of Law, Seoul National University
- 2006Seoul National University (B.A. in Politics)
- 2010-PresentPartner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2018-PresentLecturer, Regular Education on the Subcontracting Act, Posco E&C
- 2018-PresentLecturer, Korea Fair Competition Federation
- 2017-PresentMember, Korean Competition Law Association
- 2015-PresentMember, Korea Administrative Law and Practice Association
- 2014-2015Member, Legislation Committee, Seoul Bar Association
- 2010Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2021Leading Lawyer in Antitrust & Competition Practice, Legal Times
Speaking Engagements and Publications Close
- 2021Platform Competition Law (Co-author), Pakyoungsa
- 2019Issues in Regulation of Subcontract Payments under the Subcontract Law, Journal of Competition, Issue 198, Fair Competition Federation
- 2018Parens patriae action as a Private Enforcement Mechanism of Korean Competition Law, Journal of Korean Competition Law, Vol. 38, Korea Competition Law Association
- 2018The Judgment of the Court of Justice of EU in Intel v Commission - How to Assess the Likelihood of a Restriction of Competition, Justice, Issue 165
- 2016Real Estate Development Law (Co-author), Pakyoungsa
- 2014Unconstitutionality of Provision Banning Journalist`s Election Campaign (Co-author), Media & Law, Vol. 12, Issue 12
- 2010Admitted in Korea
Korean / English