Franchise business, retail business, and agency are governed by regulation on special unfair trade practices, so called “Gap-eul (top-down dynamic) relationship”. Since it is often controversial given the large number of interested parties, related laws and regulations are frequentlyamended, and the KFTA actively implements the new regulations, a prompt and effective response becomes even more important.
Jipyong strives to make successful results for our clients through balanced legal interpretation, legislative interpretation suited to legislative purpose, and a practical approach based on industry specificities.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Providing legal advice on issues at the contract signing stage
- Internal investigation and audit on special unfair trade practice
- Reporting and responding to KFTC related to special unfair trade practice
- Responding to mediation by Korea Fair Trade Mediation Agency related to special unfair trade practice
- Responding to KFTC regarding related to special unfair trade practice
- Representation of an administrative litigation (disposition of fines and cancellation of corrective orders) related to special unfair trade practice
- Advised Lotte Homeshopping (corporate name: Woori Homeshopping Co., Ltd.) on counteraction against investigation on violation of the Act on Fair Transactions in Large Franchise and Retail Business by 6 TV homeshopping companies
- Responded to the investigation of the alleged violation of the Fair Transactions in Large Franchise and Retail Business Act on behalf of E-Mart
- Responded to the investigation of the alleged violation of the Fair Transactions in Franchise Business Act on behalf of “B” and “N” companies
- Advised a number of companies including “H” company on matters related to the Fair Agency Transactions Act