Mr. Dongkyoon Koo is a Partner in the Finance Group.
Mr. Koo has extensive experience in representing financial institutions in a diverse array of transactions and litigations, most notably involving real estate development projects, SOC projects and NPL sales transactions, in Korea and abroad. He is highly sought after by clients for his ability to provide practical and novel legal solutions.
Mr. Koo holds a B.A. in English Literature from Seoul National University and an LL.M. from Northwestern University School of Law.
He is a member of the Korean Bar.
- 2013-2014 Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2006 Graduate School of Law, Seoul National University
- 2000 Seoul National University (B.A. in English Language and Literature)
- 2006-Present Partner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2019-PresentAdvisor to Korea Asset Management Corporation for Public Development
- 2016-2017 Member, Project Advisory Group, Seoul Housing & Communities Corp.
- 2006 Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Notable Achievements Close
- Advised Hyundai and JB Asset Management on mezzanine loan for Pacific Beach Hotel in Hawaii, U.S.
- Advised KB Securities and WWG Asset Management on investment in office building in Bristol, U.K.
- Advised Hana Financial Investment and Mastern Investment Management on purchase of office building in Warsaw, Poland
- Advised SK Holdings on purchase and acquisition financing of SK Seorin Building
- Advised Shinhan Bank on acquisition financing for Monalisa
- Advised Hyundai E&C on Seosan photovoltaic power generation project
- Advised NH Investment & Securities on project financing for Namdaemun SG Tower development project
Speaking Engagements and Publications Close
- 2020Blockchain and the Law: The Rule of Code (co-translated), Miraebook
- 2016Real Estate Development Law (co-author), Pakyoungsa
Bar Admissions & Qualifications Close
Korean / English