Mr. Young Kyu Yun is a Partner in the Finance Group and Financial Disputes Team. He advises a diverse and broad roster of clients in the fields of finance and securities, including financial regulatory matters, disputes, M&As of financial institutions, capital markets and e-commerce. He also represents financial institutions in disputes related to corporate M&As and general corporate matters, advising on a full range of issues, including antitrust and public policy/legislation support.
Mr. Yun began his legal career in 1999 as counsel within the Financial Services Commission (FSC) and Financial Supervisory Service (FSS). As this was immediately after the outbreak of the Asian Financial Crisis of 1997, he advised the regulatory authorities on major corporate restructurings and M&As of financial institutions.
Mr. Yun also spearheaded diverse legislation amendment processes involving the Securities and Exchange Act, Banking Act and Insurance Business Act which have now been combined into the Financial Investment Services and Capital Markets Act. Thereafter, he served as the advisor to the Dispute Mediation Committee of the FSS, a member of the Money Laundering Prevention Committee of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) and a member of the Finance Development Committee of the FSC, broadening his already significant financial regulatory experience.
Mr. Yun holds a B.A. in Economics from Seoul National University and completed an advanced degree in Finance Law at Seoul National University.
He is a member of the Korean Bar.
- 2009 Seoul National University, Completion of Finance Law Program
- 1986 Seoul National University (B.A. in Economics)
- 2013-Present Partner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2019-Present Non-executive Director, Korea Energy Agency
- 2017-Present Honorary Chairman, Korean Financial Regulation Law Association
- 2018-2020 Member, Disciplinary Review Committee, Financial Supervisory Service
- 2018-2019 Member, Education Expert Personnel Committee under Gyeonggi-do Office of Education
- 2016-2018 Member, International Financing Development Council of the Ministry of Economy and Finance
- 2015-2016 Member, Special Subcommittee on Study of Inter-Korean Legislation, Ministry of Justice
- 2013-2016 Member, Mutual Savings Bank Management Assessment Committee under the Financial Supervisory Service
- 2013 Legal Advisor, Asan City, Chungcheongnam-do
- 2010-2013 Member, New Product Review Committee under Self-Regulation Division of Korea Financial Investment Association
- 2008-2017 Advisor, Legal Advisory Council for Kaesong Industrial Complex, Ministry of Unification
- 2008-2010 Legal Counsel, Ministry of Economy and Finance
- 2006 Head, Cooperation Bureau within Presidential Committee on Execution Support for Korea-US FTA
- 2005-2006 Member, Money Laundering Prevention Committee of Financial Intelligence Unit
- 2004, 2008 Member, Finance Development Committee of Financial Supervisory Commission
- 2002-2006 Member, Dispute Resolution Committee under Korea Exchange
- 2002-2006 Advisor, Dispute Mediation Committee of Financial Supervisory Service
- 2001 Chairman of the Advisory Committee to the Agreement Operation Council of Financial Institutions for Corporate Restructuring
- 1999-2000 Legal Advisor, Financial Supervisory Commission, Financial Supervisory Service
- 1999 Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2017, 2019, 2021Leading Lawyer in Securities and Finance Practice, Legal Times
- 1999Admitted in Korea