Jipyong possesses experience in a wide range of ownership disputes and investor disputes, including disputes arising from hostile M&A, shareholder and board resolutions, exercise of minority shareholder rights, and PEF investments. Jipyong utilizes such wide-ranging experience to provide in-depth legal services in diverse areas including acquisition and protection of management rights, and protection of investor’s rights.
By combining these practical experiences with extensive expertise in PEF disputes, Jipyong has successfully collected investments and improved the corporate governance of companies. Our deep knowledge of and familiarity with the Companies Act, Financial Investment Services and Capital Markets Act and other relevant laws enable us to provide systematic and multi-sided legal services.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Corporate governance improvement
- Acquisition and defense strategy related to hostile M&A
- PEF investment recovery and management right dispute
- Provisional injunction to halt general shareholders’ meeting, voting rights, validity of resolution made at general shareholders’ meeting and convocation of extraordinary general meeting of shareholders, claim for reading and copying account book etc.
- Confirmation of absence at the general shareholders’ meeting, claim for invalidation and cancellation, and related disposition
- Provisional injunction to halt issuance of new stocks, listing and request for issuance of new stocks, lawsuit for invalidity of new stock issuance
- Litigation and advice related to the reorganization of the company such as merger and split
- Criminal complaints and claims for damages related to management rights disputes
- Won the lawsuit against Lotte Asset Development Co. for damages arising from the failure of sale of Seoul Express Bus Terminal
- Represented Haechandle in a lawsuit regarding management rights
- Represented Korea Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. in numerous management rights lawsuits
- Advised on a hostile M&A between Chokwang Paint and Littauer Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Advised a number of PEs on investment recovery and management rights lawsuits of target company
- Represented clients in various lawsuits related to management rights, including claims regarding preliminary injunctions on suspension of duties of the director of companies listed on KOSDAQ or other stock exchanges, claims regarding the convening of an extraordinary meeting of shareholders, claims regarding invalid issuance of a new stock, preliminary injunction on the issuance of stock, claims regarding confirmation and cancellation of invalid resolution of a shareholder meeting, etc.
- Advised Moorim Powertech on a management rights dispute against Artone Paper MFG. Co., Ltd., including the inspection of Artone Paper MFG. Co. Ltd.'s accounts