- TEL +82-2-6200-1784
- FAX +82-2-6200-0811
- E-MAIL email@example.com
Mr. Jeong Soo Park is a partner in the Dispute Resolution Team and Litigation Group at Jipyong and advises and represents clients in the areas of criminal, application, administrative, corporate, construction, real estate, tax, labor, industrial accidents, medical practices, bankruptcy, household, and fair trade matters.
Mr. Park completed his training at the Judicial Research and Training Institute in 1994 and served as the Judge Advocate for the Korean armed service. Mr. Park also served as a judge since 1997. In February 2015, he retired as a presiding judge of Seoul Southern District Court to join Jipyong.
Mr. Park handled criminal and civil application, administrative and tax cases as a judicial researcher at the Supreme Court and a judge at Seoul High Court, Seoul Central District Court and Seoul Administrative Court.
In the criminal law area, Mr. Park handled various arrest warrant cases while he served as a presiding judge in charge of warrants in criminal cases, as well as corruption, securities and finance, election, sexual assaults cases as a presiding judge in charge of the respective areas.
In the application area, Mr. Park handled various provisional seizure and injunctions (objection or cancellation) cases while he served as a presiding judge in charge of applications.
In the administrative and tax area, Mr. Park handled general administrative, industrial accident, land expropriation and tax cases, including corporate income tax cases at Seoul Administrative Court.
At Jipyong, Mr. Park is providing legal services in the areas of criminal law, application, administrative, corporate, construction, real estate, tax, labor, industrial injury, medical practice, bankruptcy, family law and fair trade based on more than 20 years of experience.
- 2006Visiting Scholar, University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley)
- 1992Seoul National University (LL.B.)
- 2015-Present Partner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2022-Present Member of Deliberation Committee for the Restoration of Honor and Compensation for Persons Related to the Democratization Movement
- 2018-2020 Member, the Statutory Interpretation Deliberation Committee under the Ministry of Government Legislation
- 2013-2014 Chief Judge, Seoul Southern District Court
- 2012 Head of each Election Commission, Sosa-gu, Bucheon City
- 2010-2012 Chief Judge, Bucheon Branch Court of Incheon District Court
- 2009 Chief Judge, Gwangju District Court
- 2007-2008 Judicial Researcher, Supreme Court
- 2006 Judge, Seoul High Court
- 2004-2005 Judge, Seoul Administrative Court
- 2003 Judge, Gwangju High Court
- 2002 Head of each Election Commission, Hwasun County, Jeollanam-do
- 2002 County judge for Hwasun-gun, Gokseong-gun and Damyang-gun
- 2001-2002 Judge, Gwangju District Court
- 1999-2000 Judge, Seoul Central District Court
- 1997-1998 Judge, Seoul Southern District Court
- 1994 Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Notable Achievements Close
- Successfully secured acquittal on alleged breach of trust for selling a business partner of Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) to DSME at a low price
- Secured acquittal for a member of the National Assembly who was charged with injuring a police officer and obstruction of justice
- Secured acquittal in the appeal after a conviction in the first-instance trial for committing adultery by force with a disabled person
- Secured acquittal on a bribery charge in breach of trust for giving money to an employee of a business partner through demonstration of irrelevance with business
- Secured acquittal in a case where the representative of a maritime transportation company was charged with swindling money in connection with selling of a vessel
- Secured acquittal in a case where a public corporation was charged with breach of trust for acquiring a foreign company at a low price
- Secured acquittal in a case where a pastor was charged with embezzling money from the church
- Secured acquittal in a case involving alleged forgery of official document in connection with reconstruction of an automobile dealing complex
- Secured acquittal in a case where a government investigator was charged with receiving bribery
- Successfully represented the client in a claim for confirmation of invalidity of designation of developer for residential environmental improvement project for Hwajeong District in Gwangju
- Successfully represented the client in a lawsuit for revocation of shutdown order on account of discharge of certain air pollutants by foundries in Gimpo
- Successfully represented the client in a claim for revocation of non-approval of medical treatment filed against Korea Workers’ Compensation & Welfare Service which found the disease caused by exposure to heavy metal did not constitute an occupational disease
- Successfully secured revocation of restriction on bid participation due to subcontracting without approval of the project owner
- Successfully secured revocation of preliminary disposition issued against an accountant for trading the shares of a related company
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2022Leading Lawyer in Dispute Resolution & Litigation, Legal Times
- 2021Lawyer of the Year in Criminal Defense Practice, Legal Times
Speaking Engagements and Publications Close
- Whether a doctor’s act constitutes the professional negligence resulting in death when the doctor does not transfuse blood to a patient according to the patient’s will and the patient dies, Trial Cases Study (Gwangju District Court)
- Meaning of Item 3 in the proviso of Article 16(3) of the Framework Act on the Construction Industry, The Supreme Court Precedent Handbook (Supreme Court Library)
- Whether a lawsuit by a co-inheritor against another co-inheritor seeking the confirmation of a property being an inherited property has the benefit of confirmation and the characteristics of such lawsuit, The Supreme Court Precedent Handbook (Supreme Court Library)
- Whether the proceeds from unregistered resale received from a third party can be deemed to have been received in violation of Article 8. 1. of the Act on Special Measures for the Registration of Real Estate and thus can be confiscated and/or additionally collected, The Supreme Court Precedent Handbook (Supreme Court Library)
- Whether Article 84 of the Act on the Maintenance and Improvement of Urban Areas and Dwelling Conditions for Residents which regards an officer of a house rebuilding association as a public official when applying the bribery charge is unconstitutional, The Supreme Court Precedent Handbook (Supreme Court Library)
- Title trust of real estate and acquisition tax thereof, trial document in the Administrative Trial Cases Study
- Occupation of Roads by Local Governments and Right to Claim for Restitution of Unjust Enrichment: focused on the requirements, Trial Cases Study (Gwangju District Court)
Bar Admissions & Qualifications Close
Korean / English