Mr. Sang Jun Kim is one of the founding partners of Jipyong. Mr. Kim focuses on general corporate, M&A, cross-border transactions, and antitrust and competition matters. During his practice, he studied at UC Davis Law School in America and completed the Fair Trade Research Program at Seoul National University. He has also served as a legal advisor to the Financial Supervisory Commission and as a member of the Listing & Disclosure Committee at the Korea Exchange.
Mr. Kim is highly regarded in the field of global M&A, overseas investment, and cross-border transactions, including the acquisition of shares in Inox Tech, an Italian company, the acquisition of Legend Hotel in Vietnam, as well as in the field of domestic M&A, including M&A of POSCO Specialty Steel.
As a testament to his extensive experience and in-depth expertise in M&A, overseas investment and cross-border transactions, Mr. Kim actively provides our clients including SeAh Group and Moorim Paper Group with legal advice on fair trade issues.
- 2005UC Davis School of Law (LL.M.)
- 1999Seoul National University (LL.M.)
- 1990Seoul National University (LL.B.)
- 2000-PresentPartner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2016-2018Member, Corporate Review Committee at the Korea Exchange
- 2012-2015Member, Listing & Disclosure Committee at the Korea Exchange
- 2010-2012Director, Korean Bar Association
- 1996Public Judicial Officer, Prosecutors’ Office
- 1996Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2019-2020Notable Practitioner, IFLR
- 2019Korea’s Top 100 Lawyers, Asia Business Law Journal
- 2015-2018Leading Lawyers in competition & antitrust, Asialaw
- 2014The Top Lawyers in M&A, The Korea Economic Daily
Speaking Engagements and Publications Close
- 2011Company Split-off, Convertible Bonds and Stock Option, Business, Finance & Law, Issue 49, Center for Financial Law, Seoul National University
- 1996Admitted in Korea
Korean / English