- TEL +62-21-515-0622 / +82-2-6200-0981
- FAX +62-21-515-0699
- E-MAIL email@example.com
Mr. Yong Sook Kwon mainly advises clients on M&A, securities and general corporate matters as a member of Jipyong’s Corporate Group. Mr. Kwon is particularly apt in utilizing his extensive litigation experience to advise the clients in a comprehensive manner to account for any lawsuits which may potentially arise later on.
Mr. Kwon’s work includes advising companies on their ever-rising need for legal advice when conducting M&A on the applicable securities laws and regulations which include the securities exchange laws, disclosure regulations for listed companies and regulations on back-door listing. He also assists with post-M&A matters such as corporate governance and corporate structure restructurings.
Based in Jipyong’s Seoul office until 2010, major cases which Mr. Kwon advised on include: the purchase of Yearum Mutual Savings Bank, investment in Golden Oil, the acquisition of Three Seven and the acquisition of Eco Energy Holdings. Major corporate lawsuits Mr. Kwon handled include: representing Korea Union Lottery in a lawsuit regarding prize money payouts of instant lotteries and representing I&E in a lawsuit regarding the cancellation of collateral trusts.
Based in Indonesia ever since obtaining his LL.M from Boston University in 2011, Mr. Kwon is currently the head of Jipyong’s Jakarta office. Mr. Kwon has since handled more than 550 advisory and litigation cases, successfully establishing Jipyong as the business partner of choice for many Korean companies and local investors in Indonesia.
- 2011Boston University School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2001Korea University (LL.B.)
- 2012-PresentHead, Korea Desk in Indonesia
- 2006-PresentPartner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2019-Present Legal Advisor, Ministry of Justice for Korean Small-and-Medium Enterprises in the Overseas
- 2004Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Honors and Recognitions Close
- 2020-2023Asialaw, Notable practitioner (Corporate and M&A)
- 2016-2018Selected as one of the Leading Lawyers in Corporate/M&A by Asialaw
Bar Admissions & Qualifications Close
- Certified International Trade Specialist, Korea International Trade Association (KITA)
Korean / English / Japanese / Indonesian