Globally, corporate social responsibility and ethical management are highlighted, and the necessity of compliance management is increasing. In Korea, since the enforcement of the [Improper Solicitation and Graft Act] (“Anti-Graft Act”), corporate demands for legal advice on anti-corruption and internal control are on the rise.
Since March 2015, when the Anti-Corruption Law was enacted, Jipyong has operated the ‘Compliance Team’ to provide more professional and systematical anti-corruption and ethical management support. Jipyong’s Compliance Team consists of attorneys and experts with various experiences and expertise in civil and criminal litigation, general corporate matters, and finance including attorney Jeong Soo PARK, a former judge who has extensive experience in dealing with corruption-related incidents such as bribery crimes, attorney Hee Jung SHIM, a former Managing Director (in-house lawyer) of SC Cheil Bank in charge of compliance, Managing Partner Sung Taek Lim, one of the top experts in anti-corruption law, attorney Sang Jun Kim who focused his practice on corporate counseling, foreign (U.S.) attorney John C.W. RO, who possesses deep knowledge of the U.S. anti-corruption laws, and advisor Joon Gil Lee, who built up his expertise in compliance and ethical management while working at the Fair Trade Commission and Doosan Group.
Jipyong’s Compliance Team exerts best efforts to provide professional advice and consulting on anti-corruption and ethical management so that your company can comply with the Anti-Graft Act and establish ethical management.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Legal advice on establishment of a compliance system and internal policies
- Compliance checks (mock audit, due diligence) and monitoring services
- Compliance education for executives and employees
- Management of internal hotline reporting system
- Internal investigations and forensic services
- Legal advice on matters related to the anti-graft law (also known as Kim Young-ran Act) and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Special responses to compliance issues related to labor, subcontract, fair trade, and trade secrets
- Representation of corporate or individual clients in criminal cases related to compliance and ethical management
- Advise Korean or foreign companies on anti-corruption laws and regulations
- Advise on Anti-Graft Act and countermeasures
- Advise Korean or foreign companies on internal regulations, code of conduct, and manual related to anti-corruption
- Provide training on the anti-corruption laws including Anti-Graft Act and compliance for executives and employees of Korean and foreign companies
- Support internal inspection of corporation
- Advise Korean companies on the compliance officer