In a fiercely competitive business environment, core business technologies and know-hows are the sources of competitive advantage which are inextricably linked with business success. However, companies are facing risks of the leakage of important information property due to the rise of remote and non-contact work environment, establishment of cloud systems and the use of various portable data storage devices. With such changes, trade secret disputes have stemmed from various issues and circumstances such as trade secret leakage from former employees or the issue of non-compete, issue of leakage or acquisition of trade secret through affiliates or customers, use permission, joint development, and consignment production such as OEM. Further, there has been an increase in the value of damages and the scale of disputes.
Jipyong’s dedicated attorneys and specialists with a proven record of successfully handling disputes related to trade secret and industrial technology leakage cooperate to provide outstanding services to our clients.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Represented clients in disputes involving trade secret leakage and infringement, and criminal matters, such as evidence examination and digital forensics
- Represented clients in disputes involving industrial technology leakage and infringement
- Advised clients on issues related to personnel recruitment, breach of non-competent and confidentiality undertaking related to turnover and retirement
- Advised clients on legal due diligence, establishment of a systematic safeguard system for trade secrets, and IP compliance
- Advised clients on the export of strategic goods and technologies, and export of national core technologies
- Represented a construction materials company ‘K’, a global silicon manufacturer, a photovoltaic company and semiconductor equipment company in criminal and civil claims related to the leakage of their core technologies
- Represented clients including but not limited to a global luxury goods company ‘E’, a vehicle air conditioning system manufacturer ‘H’ and a system integrator company ‘P’ in a motion for preliminary injunction prohibiting transfer of an employee
- Advised and represented a security company ‘A’ in connection with disputes related to the export of strategic goods
- Advised clients on due diligence and provided consulting services on trade secret protection in order to examine and enhance the security system and establishment of an IP compliance system
- Advised O2O platforms and e-commerce businesses with respect to the manuals written on hiring from competitors and experienced employees, and provided consulting services on risk mitigation and prevention
- Advised a global company ‘B’ on strategies to address risks related to the creation and sharing of trade secrets with its affiliates