Mr. Young Tae Yang is a Managing Partner of Jipyong and is one of the founding members of the firm.
Mr. Yang began his legal career at Shin & Kim in 1995. He founded Jipyong with a handful of colleagues in 2000 and has since spearheaded the firm´s domestic and overseas operations. Mr. Yang is the visionary behind the firm’s outstanding growth over the past 19 years, and is regarded by the legal community as one of the most successful entrepreneurs and innovative legal minds.
Mr. Yang opened the firm’s first overseas office in Vietnam in 2006 and since then has been dedicated to the expansion of the firm’s presence and reputation in Southeast Asian countries including Myanmar and Indonesia, and China and Russia.
Mr. Yang represents Korea´s top 50 corporations and has extensive experience dealing with cross-border transactions and disputes. His areas of expertise include disputes involving finance, securities, insurance matters, disputes over management right, insolvency, real estate, construction, administration, fair trade and criminal, as well as advising on finance, securities and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Yang also regularly advises clients on North Korea investment issues and government relations.
- 1987Seoul National University (LL.B.)
- 2008-Present Managing Partner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2005 Member, Market Oversight Commission, Korea Exchange
- 2000 Managing Partner, Horizon Law Group
- 1995 Associate, Shin & Kim
- 1995 Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Speaking Engagements and Publications Close
- 1995Constitutional Law (Co-author) (Jungmunsa Publishing)
Bar Admissions & Qualifications Close
Korean / English