Jipyong's Medical Dispute Team, led by Korea’ first-ever doctor-turned-attorney and armed with years of learning, training and practical experience, has been consistently producing outstanding results.
With the combination of professional knowledge and years of practical experience, we have conducted medical malpractice litigations in various fields, including civil lawsuits for medical malpractice, criminal lawsuit for professional negligence, and administrative lawsuits and constitutional lawsuits under the Medical Service Act.
In particular, we have earned deep trust from the bio-venture industry by providing professional legal support for newly raised bioethical issues in line with the rapidly developing biotechnology and medical industries.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Civil and criminal disputes over medical malpractice
- Civil and criminal proceedings for medical malpractice
- Professional analysis and advice on disputes regarding medical records
- Litigation under Medical Service Act or various administrative laws
- Legal issues in operating hospitals or clinics
- Concerns of biotechnology companies and pharmaceutical companies
- Disputes over occupational or environmental diseases
- Sought and obtained the Supreme Court Decision related to the treatments of ER patients during transportation
- Sought and obtained the Constitutional Court Decision (cancellation of no-indictment) related to the petition on the respiratory tract preservation obligations
- Advised on medical accidents in such fields as OBGYN, surgery, neurology, anesthesiology, etc.
- Advised on the legal issues related to the bio-engineering companies’ investment in new technology areas, such as reproductive medicine, etc.
- Advised the largest general hospital in Korea on legal issues
- Provided close examinations and advice on the autopsy reports, medical certificates and medical charts
- Successfully conducted a lawsuit at a constitutional court filed with respect to the use of medical device by oriental doctor
- Respond to legal issues of administrative disposition related to dual medical institutions (administrative litigation and constitutional petition)