Mr. Bang Jo Lim specializes in Maritime, Insurance, and International Trade in Busan.
He is well experienced in handling court cases regarding personal and material damages and Korean Maritime Safety Tribunal cases regarding the investigation of causes of accident of vessel collisions for the Owners and P&I Club. He also has ample experience in Ship Financing regarding advanced payment warranty claims and accident compensation for seafarers through Seafarers Labor Committee arbitrations. He has expanded his practice to Tax and Family Business Inheritance at Jipyong’s Busan Branch.
- 2016 University of Southern California Gould School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2000 SungKyunKwan University (LL.B.)
- 2014-Present Partner, JIPYONG LLC
- 2018-Present Legal advisor, Small- and Medium-Oil Tankers’ Association
- 2018-Present Member, Busan Case Study Association
- 2018-Present Member, National Tax Service Busan Regional Office Tax Offense Investigation and Deliberation Committee
- 2015-Present Attorney specialized in the maritime law and insurance law and registered with Korean Bar Association
- 2014-Present Legal advisor, Busan International Fisheries Exchange
- 2012-Present Legal Counsel, Seju Co., Ltd.
- 2012-Present Legal Counsel, National Federation of Fisheries Cooperatives
- 2012-Present Legal Counsel, Korea Shipping Association
- 2004-Present Attorney at Law, Busan Bar Association
- 2004-Present Inquiry Counsel, Korea Maritime Safety Tribunal
- 2016-2019 Legal advisor, BIDC Inc.
- 2014-2016 Member, Tax Administration Council of Northern Busan District Tax Office
- 2014-2016 Member, National Taxation Review Committee of Northern Busan District Tax Office
- 2012-2013 Partner, Kang&Lim Office
- 2011-2013 Member, Human Right Protection Committee of Korea Coast Guard (South Regional Headquarters)
- 2011-2013 Member, National Taxation Review Committee of Geumjeong District Tax Office
- 2004-2012 Member, Marine Insurance Research Society
- 2004-2012 Partner, Pusan Pacific Law Office
- 2004 Judicial Research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
Speaking Engagements and Publications Close
- 2021Whether an agreement to exclude the shipowners’ right to limit liability is acceptable and its interpretation – A Critical Study on the Korean Supreme Court Decision 2013Da61343 dated November 17, 2015 on the basis of “The Cape Bari” decision by the Privy Council of England –
- 2018. 10.Overview of the Procedure of Handling the Vessel Collision Accidents – From the Point of View of a Lawyer, Problems of Maritime Law : Busan Case Study Society 30th Anniversary Journal, Busan Case Study Society
- 2014. 10.Stubborn CEO Choi`s Struggle to Succeed to Family Business (Co-author) (Maeil Business Newspaper)
- 2013Study on a few legal and judicial issues regarding the accident compensation under the Seafarers Act, Journal of Busan Lawyers, Busan-Beobjo (Busan Bar Association)
- 2004Admitted in Korea
Korean / English