The National Tax Service (NTS) continues to strengthen scrutiny of tax affairs and the investigation and prosecution of tax offenses are increasing. Unlike other tax investigations, a tax crime investigation is conducted only when there is an accusation of tax avoidance, and the issue in question is whether the defendant violated the Punishment of Tax Offenses Act through tax evasion. Jipyong’s Criminal Defense Group and Tax Team work together to advise and represent clients in tax crime cases arising from tax evasion, issuance of false tax invoices, and offshore tax evasion.
Jipyong focuses on providing a high responsive service for each phase of the tax defense. For example, experts in our Tax Team cooperate with the Criminal Defense Group to handle the NTS’s tax investigation and accusation. For example, in the case of a prosecutors’ investigation, our attorneys who served as prosecutors in the Criminal Defense Group take the lead and cooperate with our tax experts to come up with an optimal solution; and during the litigation process, our attorneys who served as judges presiding over criminal tax cases work with our tax experts in dealing with the litigation. With our counter-strategies, we focus on achieving the best results for our clients.
Key Practice Areas Close
- Represented clients in tax audits related to tax crimes such as tax evasion, issuance of false tax invoices, etc.
- Represented clients in police or prosecutors’ investigation on violation of the Punishment of Tax Offenses Act
- Represented clients in investigation and litigation related to offshore tax evasion
- Advised and represented clients in tax evasion cases related to inheritance and gift tax, etc.
- Represented clients in criminal proceedings related to violation of the Punishment of Tax Offenses Act
- Represented clients in litigation cases involving violation of the Act on the Aggravated Punishment, Etc. of Specific Crimes (Tax Crimes)
- Defended in a case of company “S” tax evasion through rigged sales
- Defended a case of violating Customs Act related to unreported import of raw material by “M” company